Thursday, June 30, 2016

Where do you want to go in your knitting and crocheting?


Summer time quickie... It's summer, y'all!


The kids are out of school and you don’t have time to do your thing – knitting, crocheting, teaching, etc. You're busy! I get it. I am right there with you. So for the next few weeks I will keep these weekly updates short, sweet, to the point, and hopefully still with a swift kick to get you going.

KNitDesigns by Tian
So, how are you doing? What’s new with you? Me? Well, I have a new knit shawl pattern coming out in a few days. Sorry I can’t say too much about it just yet. I should be able to share more next week. But between you and me, *in a low whisper* it’s gorgeous!

The photography is superb. No, I didn’t take the photos. Those were done by a professional photographer for the publication. Don’t tell anyone, but when I saw the promotional images come through on email, I wondered where I could buy that pattern, then I realized it was my design. Is that weird that was my first thought? Hope you will love it too when it comes out.

Anyway, the publication sent an email yesterday asking more about beginnings as a knitter and my experience as a designer to include as extra tidbits for the collection. You know, the usual stuff like how I got started, where I get my inspirations, etc., - ugh, I hate writing about myself.

So, going through the questions really got me thinking about how I got to here.


“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
                                                                                  ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.

We all get to this knitting and crocheting thing one way or the other, whether it’s with intention or by accident. Where we end up from here matters, if we know where that is.

When I started on this designing journey, I didn't know where it would lead. I was just going wherever the wind too me. It was only after I looked at where I was at the time, and really considered where I wanted the journey to take me, was I able to create a plan (and a backup plan) for how to get there.

Find your drive. Find your direction.

The truth is, if you want direction you have to know where you want to get to.

So, where do you want to go? What skill(s) or obstacle(s) do you need to learn or overcome to get there? Leave a comment (or email me) to share.


Until next time...Stitch on!
Tian

A rising tide lift many boats








OTHER PATTERNS YOU MIGHT LIKE!






Go, check out KnitDesigns by Tian Pattern Page to get your copy here:








Want a 20% OFF COUPON to my Ravelry Shop 
and subscriber-exclusives?  

Subscribe to

{The Weekly Yarn} from KnitDesigns by Tian

* indicates required




I am interested in Crochet and Knit...
Email Format


No comments:

Post a Comment