Monday, July 25, 2016

Publishing knit and crochet patterns _ Print vs Online Mediums


Mudblood, cardigan, wide collar, knit
Mudblood Cardigan
Fayston, Cardigan, worsted, sport, weight
Fayston Cardigan
In last week's post I wrote, "As of late, my focus is less on print and more on online mediums (if you want to know why in more details, shoot me an email or leave a comment)." If you missed that post, click to catch up here. This seems to have resonated with many you by the emails and messages I've received since the post went live. I started to respond to queries and found I couldn't do my reasons for choosing online medium over print publication justice in just a couple quick sentences.

So, here is a my take on the matter with some of my own true to life examples and comparison. As you read, if there is anything that is unclear or you just need a bit more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. Just hit reply to this message.

As you read, please note that I have been deliberate in not naming names because I don't want to disparage any publication. That is not the point of this post. Also, it's been some time since I've worked with some of these publications and their policies very likely could have changed; I doubt it but is possible. Please note, however that I am conscious of naming Knit Picks because this online medium has a solid reputation of being a strong supporter of designers and paying high rates. In addition, this information can most likely be found on their website and in their call for submissions.



So, if you are an designer wanting to know which route is best for you, check out the article below where I walk through specific points to consider to help you decide on the medium to use to publish your knit and crochet patterns.






Until next time...Stitch on!
Tian
*A rising tide lifts all boats*





Want a 20% OFF COUPON to my Ravelry Shop 

and subscriber-exclusives?  



Subscribe to

{The Weekly Yarn} from KnitDesigns by Tian


* indicates required





I am interested in Crochet and Knit...
Email Format





No comments:

Post a Comment