Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Announcing a new chapter...

Announcing a new chapter...

I am so thrilled to share that I have a new gig as the Design Coordinator for Yarn Crush subscription box.

What does a Design Coordinator do anyways? 

For the past few years, I've been the technical editor for Yarn Crush for the knit and crochet patterns for each subscription box. Now, in addition to tech editing, I am taking on the role of Design Coordinator. In this role, I will help with developing annual knit and crochet design calendar. I will be responsible for reaching out to designers to acquire new and exciting patterns. I will be working closely with designers throughout the process from idea development to publication for future subscription boxes.
 
 What does this mean for you? 

Not much will be changing. I’m still designing - I can never give that up. And tech editing for I Like Crochet magazine, I Like Knitting magazine, Knit Picks, Interweave Crochet, and for books.

Whew... that's a lot. Kinda, but I am having a lot of fun.

Actually, there will be one tiny change...

I will be reaching out to you for designs. If you are a US/Canada designer with a proven track record, knit and crochet (sorry, no international designers at this time - I'm working on it) I want to hear from you.

If you are an aspiring designer, I'd love to help you reach your goal as a designer. I have 2 resources you can check out to help you get started:

1) Unlock Your Inner Designer: How to start designing

(print via Amazon) (PDF via Etsy)




2) Pattern Writing 101: Write - and publish - your first (and your next) knit and crochet pattern with confidence, everytime! 
(eCourse)


We're starting to book designers for 2019, so if you are interested in designing for Yarn Crush, reach out with your Ravelry username.

Thank you for your continued support!

Until next time... Stitch on!
Tian

No comments:

Post a Comment