Friday, August 12, 2016

Who the heck is Tian // KnitDesigns by Tian


Hey there. My name is Tian and I empower knitters and crocheters to achieve their goals of making what they want and designing patterns.

I specialize in helping newbie designers to craft their big design idea so that they can publish patterns that they are proud to share, with confidence.

I know how frustrating it is to be a newbie just starting out, completely in the dark and unsure of what to do. You're stumbling around, reading all the blogs and forums, trying to figure it all out on your own, but you're still unsure of where to start.

With years as a knit and crochet designer and tech editor, I've been there. I've been down that road and want to share what I've learned so you don't make the same mistakes and get to your destination faster than figuring it all out alone. You want your name in print and knitters and crocheters making and posting pictures of finished projects using your pattern. I can help you form where ever you are starting.








Join {The Weekly Yarn}, a weekly newsletter straight to your email and blog I write every week to help motivate and inspire knitters and crocheters. Plus, I run giveaways, offer discount codes to my patterns, and FREE mini-courses, exclusively to {The Weekly Yarn} subscribers.
Want it?     Subscribe here: http://eepurl.com/bmwT_P







Some places you might have seen my designs:
I have a lot of self-published designs and pattern collections (both knit and crochet) on Ravelry and Craftsy. I also have designs in publications such as Interweave, Knit Picks, I Like Crochet, I Like Knitting, Valley Yarns (Webs), Willow Yarns, etc.



For me, knitting and crocheting is a way to express myself and I hope that is how you feel about stitching. My designs are intended to empower you and to teach a new technique. Make them your own.


Modify and change them to make them as unique as you are.











http://knitdesignsbytian.blogspot.com/search/label/Courses



How can I help you? I know how hard it is to find answers to your specific questions. With the struggles you face in mind, I've created a number of email courses, some with one-on-one support, that will help you to get to where you want.


My goal with my courses are to empower you (knitter and crocheters) get the results you want. Whether you want to be able to following that pattern you think you might not be just quite ready for yet, want to modify that design to fit your body, or you want to get that big design idea out of your head (from developing the idea to writing to publishing the pattern). I know you can do it. You have everything already inside you and I want to help.

Check out my growing library of courses to see how I can help you. Want to learn something not currently offered? I want to hear from you.





If you are a designer (knit and crochet) who want to make sure your pattern is clearly written, I can help you out. I tech edit both knit and crochet patterns, mainly for magazines, yarn companies, and magazines. I do tech edit for indie designers, but only for designers who have successfully gone through one of courses.

My focus is on helping newbie designers to publish patterns that they are proud to share and confidence is clearly written and error free because I understand how difficult it can be, stumbling around trying to figure it all out alone.

Interested in hiring me to tech edit your knit and crochet patterns? My availability right now is a turnaround of about 7 business days. If a tech edit will take longer, I will let you know immediately so you can plan accordingly.
Email me. I'd love to work with you.



No comments: