Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Do you know why your are knitting and crocheting?



If your taken my Pattern Writing 101 e-course or been reading these newsletters for a while, you know I talk about Knowing your Why, often. It's our reason for doing what we do. Being of service.

Over the last few weeks I've been thinking more and more about my why. My why for designing knit and crochet patterns, for tech editing other designers' patterns, for continuing with The Weekly Yarn and the blog. With a birthday coming up, these existential thoughts always come to mind, as I analyze the past year and years and look toward the coming year and years. 


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ansonia-shawl
Ansonia Shawl
What I've discovered is that my why has not changed. But as time go on, my why has gotten clearer, more define and refined. And I'm sure it will constantly be on a state of evolution.

Evolution use to be a scary concept. We want things to get to a point of bliss and stay that way, settled. But humans, oh, we are ever changing. I use to think I was fickle, a flake, but it's because things aren't meant to stay the same. If it's stagnant, it will rot. Things are meant to change over time, to grow, and branch out.

So, what is this all about? Well, my thinking has been evolving. My why has become more refined. So, I will share it here: I want to help you reach your highest potential, whether it is in your knitting and crochet, your designing, or whatever. I want women to not even see that there is a glass ceiling, but to strive to her highest potential. Corny, right! I know. But I have been thinking it over, long and hard, and that is so true.


Ansonia Shawl - photo by Valley Yarns
We are meant to serve our passion and use it for the goodness of others. And that's what I think I am doing. In this seemingly small way, I have worked with knitters and crocheters to reach the next level, with a lot of arm twisting and prodding sometimes. We are not done. Getting that design idea written, that pattern published, getting a design accepted by a major publication, is only the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more out there for you. Will you grab for it?


I hope that these weekly words will motivate you to reach new height that you might not have known was even possible before. To see my journey of where I have been and where I am going, and to realize that the ceiling is as high as your imagination.

So tell me, what new heights are you striving for? What do you want to accomplish? Will 2017 be the year of you? Claim it and you will achieve it! Share in the comments or email me. Lets get real.


Until next time... Stitch On!
Tian

"A rising tide lifts all boats"






Want a 20% OFF COUPON to my Ravelry Shop 

and subscriber-exclusives?  


Subscribe to

{The Weekly Yarn} from KnitDesigns by Tian



* indicates required





I am interested in Crochet and Knit...
Email Format







No comments:

Post a Comment